Having scratches on any type of surface makes the surface look dull, aesthetic appeal, and when it comes to concrete floors or walls, this thing becomes unacceptable. It will decrease the inner beauty of your house and provide an unpleasant viewing experience in the first place.
If you have discovered scratches on your newly build concrete floor then you must understand how creepy it looks. However, removing scratches from the stained concrete surface is quite difficult but from the new concrete surface, it can be done quite easily. By using a floor polisher or sealer, you can remove scratches.
Read on as we have discussed the methods that you will need to follow for removing scratches from new concrete surfaces. Let’s begin then!
Methods for Removing Scratches on New Concrete
As the concrete is new, the removal process of scratches from there is pretty easy. There are two simple methods that can be followed to get the job done.
Method 1: Use Handheld Polisher with a Diamond Pad
Using a handheld polisher for removing scratches from the concrete surface is one of the popular methods. And with the help of this, you can get the job done quite easily. Here are the steps you will need to follow –
- First, clean the concrete surface where scratches are founded.
- Now, take water in a spray bottle and pour it on the scratched area.
- After that, take the handheld polisher and a diamond pad, and attach them.
- Lastly, start polishing the floor until the scratches are removed.
NOTE: If there are smaller scratches then you should use an 800 or 1500 diamond grit pad. If there are deep scratches then you should go for 400 grit pad.
Method 2: Use Sealer for Removing the Scratches
This method basically uses if the scratches are large or too deep. By using a sealer, you will refill the scratched area, and by doing so the scratches won’t be visible on the concrete surface anymore. Here are the steps you will need to follow.
- First, take a bucket with warm water and detergent or liquid dishwashing detergent, and create a cleaning agent.
- Now, take a cloth (cotton rag) and dip it into the cleaning solution. Take out and start wiping the scratched area. Our main concern is removing abrasive particles from the surface.
- Then, rinse off the surface with water and then take a dry cleaning cloth to make the surface dry.
- When the surface is totally dried, take a tripped artist brush, have some single-component acrylic sealer, and start applying on the scratches.
- Wait till the sealer is dry and then take a sandpaper and start rubbing the surface to make the surface uniform and smooth.
And now, you have successfully removed scratches from the new concrete.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions and Answers)
How to remove scratches from concrete countertops?
There are several methods available for removing scratches from concrete countertops. Among them, the easiest and most economical way is using wax. But the scratch needs to be a minor one. Just take the wax, and simply apply it to the scratch and fill it.
How do I fix scratches on a concrete table?
For fixing scratches on a concrete table, first, clean the surface of the table, then sand out the scratches, and lastly apply two finish coats over the sanded area.
Lastly, as the concrete is new, it’s quite easy to remove or fix the scratches on the concrete floor. Follow the aforementioned methods and bring back aesthetic appeal to your newly build concrete floor. So, that’s all for now. If you have any further queries, let us know in the comment box below.