Cement splatter on the glass of your windows reduces the outer beauty of your house and if splatters get hardened then it will be hard to take them off. It’s a very challenging task to do but with proper guidelines, the cement removal process from glass can be done with ease.
With the help of vinegar or wash detergent, cement can be removed from the glass. But while doing so, you will need to be conscious because if you didn’t work properly, you may leave a permanent stain.
Read this article till the end and find out how you can remove cement from glass. So, without any further ado, let’s begin.
Things You Will Need to Remember Before Removing Cement from Glass
As the surface is made of glass, you will need to be sincere enough otherwise you may leave permanent stains on the glass. For cleaning siding, you may have to use a putty knife or steel wire sponge but they can’t be used for glass.
Here are the things that you will need to keep in mind before removing cement from glass.
- Avoid using abrasive sponges or steel wire sponges.
- Avoid using a knife such as a razor blade.
- Avoid cleaning during sunlight because the UV rays heat dries the solution on the glass. If the cleaning solutions dry on the glass surface then they will damage the glass polish and removing them will be hard as well.
Keep these in your mind and then start removing cement sessions.
Procedure to Remove Cement from Glass
There are different methods that can be followed for removing cement from glass. You can use either vinegar or detergent as a cleaning agent. Also, if the cement doesn’t get harden then use a hose to spray the surface and clean it with a soft towel. The cement will be removed.
If the cement gets hardened then here are the procedures that will help you to learn the process of cleaning the glass.
Procedure 1: Use Vinegar for Removing Cement from Glass
As a cleaning agent, vinegar is widely used. You can use vinegar for removing cement from glass quite easily. Here are the things that you will require –
- Distilled white vinegar.
- Soft towel.
- Spray bottle
Now, follow the steps below.
- Take a bowl and pour the same amount of vinegar and water. Now mix it.
- Pour the mixture into the spray bottle or soak the sponge in the water-vinegar mixture.
- Spray the mixture on the cement or use the sponge to wet the cement area.
- After wetting the area, wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then take a soft towel and rub the glass surface gently.
- Lastly, rinse off the glass with water.
NOTE: If it doesn’t help then you will need to heat the vinegar and then you will have to prepare the mixture. Follow the steps again and remove the cement from the glass.
Procedure 2: Use Detergent and Non-Acidic Cement Remover for Removing Cement from Glass
Another way is, you can use detergent as a cleaning agent. Soapy water helps to weaken the cement slurry or splatter and then you can easily remove the cement from the glass surface.
Things you will need –
- Plastic putty knife.
- Laundry detergent.
- Soft sponge.
- Non-acidic cement remover.
- Spray bottle.
Arrange them and then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Take water and laundry detergent to prepare the mixture. When it’s ready, pour it into the bottle.
- Spray the mixture on the cement and wait for a couple of minutes.
- Take a plastic putty knife and scrape the cement off the glass.
- If cement stain remains then you will need to apply non-acidic cement remover on them and rub the glass surface.
- Lastly, rinse off the glass, and then you will get the surface without any cement.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQs)
Does WD 40 remove cement?
Yes, WD 40 can remove cement. It’s a weak acid liquid, same as the vinegar. It will help to weaken the cement bonding and then with a towel or sponge, you can remove the cement.
Can cement damage glass?
Cement comes with high alkaline material and with time alkaline material can damage the glass such as leaving scratches, stains, and so on. For this, it’s better to remove cement from the glass as soon as possible.
How do I remove cement from a car window glass?
The removal process is pretty simple. Prepare vinegar-water or detergent-water mixture, and pour it into a spray bottle. Now, spray the mixture on the cement, and wait for 10 minutes to set the mixture on the cement. Lastly, clean the surface with a soft towel.
Can I use a sugar-water mixture for removing cement from glass?
Yes, you can use a sugar-water mixture for removing cement from glass. The sugar solution is known as very corrosive and it helps to weaken the cement bonds.
Lastly, removing cement from the glass is a very simple task to do. But you have to be careful as if you didn’t follow the procedure properly, you may end up damaging the glass. So, follow the procedure and keep the important things in your mind. And you will be able to remove cement without any hassle.